The “glitz and glam” of New York Fashion Week 2015 gave us a peak of what trends are coming up for spring and summer 2016. Hundreds of glamorous runway shows, on New York catwalks, displayed a myriad of delicate details, beautiful ruffles, flowy gowns, vibrant colors, swinging fringes, and shimmery textures.
With so many creative looks displayed throughout the eight day fashion week, it could be difficult to get a feel for which trends are going to be the most popular next season. So here is a quick recap of five fashion trends that we’ve identified for next spring. And be sure to check out GeekChicDaily’s similar budget friendly item suggestions…for those of us who can’t quite afford the designer price tags ;)!
1. Crochets & Bohemian Chic: Top designers like Tommy Hilfiger, Custo Barcelona, and BCBG Max Azria are incorporating crochets and Boho-Chic patterns to create a mix of beach-inspired, reggae-colored, and South of the Border styles. These relaxed looks definitely lend themselves to easy…breezy days in the sun for your next spring or summer vacation.
2. Can you Dig It: The 70’s are still raging. Continuing from fall 2015, designers like Dion Lee, Diane von Furstenberg, Anna-Sui, Rodarte, Alice and Olivia created ensembles reminiscent of the all-so-hype 70’s disco era, by incorporating suede fabrics, bright ‘paisleyish’ designs, oversized flared sleeves, funky-colored scarves, psychedelic prints, and thigh high lace up boots. Even those bell bottom pants – you swore you’d never wear again – are back!
3. Fringes: Models were swinging fringes in all colors, textures, and length on the catwalk. Some may feel like it might have been an overload of fringes but what women doesn’t like shaking fringes from time to time. Designers like Lela Rose, Supima Design Comoetition, Serena Williams, Christian Siriano, Prabal Gurung, and Dion Lee created fun movement and elegantly incorporated a “girly factor” by adding fringes to their collection. It’s going to be so much fun to swing those fringes next spring!
4. Bare Shoulders: The bare shoulder trend was sprinkled throughout the Givenchy spring 2016 ready-to-wear collection. Dramatic, browless models graced the runway with flowy, satin-like, ensembles that delicately exposed the models’ shoulders. Another designer that followed suit with the bare shoulder trend and what seems to be a bedroom-themed collection is Calvin Klein – looks like you may very well be able to leave the house with your sleep satin gown or kimono next spring!
5. High-slit dresses and skirts: Designers like Badgley Mischka, Altuzarra, Michael Costello, showcased high-slits on long dresses, as well as, a-line skirts. The thigh-high slits, exposed the models’ sexy long legs, as they walked down the runway. The iconic high-slit, with one leg out, is a sexy yet subtle and sophisticated look. We should all consider having one or two high-slit dresses or skirts in our arsenal ;). It will surely turn heads at your next cocktail party or soirée.
Let us know what you think of the New York Fashion Week Styles Above.
Would you be up for wearing the facial accessories from the Givenchy collection on your next outing?
All Image Credits: ImaxTree